1.30.2010

Surfacescapes (Microsoft SurfaceTable)


What is Surfacescapes
The objective of the SurfaceScapes project is to create a proof-of-concept for playing tabletop role-playing games on the Microsoft Surface Table. We will be using Dungeons and Dragons as a basis for our prototype, with the option for future expansion to other role-playing games. SurfaceScapes will provide Game Masters and players with a set of features to enhance the combat and role-playing aspects of tabletop games. This will include the ability to interact with the digital environment using real objects such as miniatures and provide automated calculations and visual and audio feedback for actions performed by the player and non-player characters. We are taking traditional tabletop role-playing games to the next level, adding a new layer of immersive and intuitive gaming to the Microsoft Surface Table and assisting both GMs and players in enjoying exciting and engaging adventures.
Here is the Link of our SurfaceScapes Gameplay Session.



Microsoft Surface Table


What I do in this project
This is the second half of the project. So mostly I concentrate my work on the art side, especially 3D art and concept design of the game. And I will put my works here with the project going on. Hope you like them. Also,sometimes, I will help to design the gameplay session and the UI design.

These images below are the concepts and models for our D&D Surfacescapes game. Feel free to leave a comment. Thank you.

(W.I.P)(GOBLIN CONCEPT)
(MODEL)
Click on this Link to watch the demo for this Goblin on vimeo


This image below is the new model of the goblin, which I changed a little bit according to the topology, and it's better both for sculpting and animation.
(New Model)

(high res model)

(with texture)


Beholder Final Concept
Base Mesh
(Rigging with texture)
Rigging with Spline IK and Muscle Bones to make the tentacles be able to stretch, just like cartoon character rigging

I found something very interesting on the Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual. It's called fomorian. And I think it must be cool to make it in 3D. And this is the model I sculpted in Zbrush. Hope you could see him in our Surfacescapes at the end of this semester.
still working on it

(W.I.P)

No comments:

Post a Comment